University of Louisiana at Lafayette has had an incredible amount of talented student-athletes spend their college careers donning the black and red.
The athletics department at UL is now ready to celebrate the newest batch of former standout athletes with the next class of Ragin’ Cajun Athletics Hall of Fame members.
As announced via ragincajuns.com, Hall of Fame nominations — which includes student athletes, coaches and administrators — can be submitted from now until July 31.
UL has outlined their eligibility requirements, which are listed below:
- Have earned a baccalaureate, professional or graduate degree from UL Lafayette or other accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have earned varsity letters and participated at two (2) years of athletic competition at SLI/USL/UL Lafayette.
- Have gained distinction through superlative performance as a student-athlete at the University with recognition of All-Conference, All-American, or Olympian; or with significant achievement and recognition on the professional level. In the absence of a conference affiliation at the time of participation in University athletics, the student-athlete must have achieved significant regional or national recognition.
- Have gained distinction as a Coach with appropriate conference or national recognition.
- Have made significant achievements, accomplishments or contributions to the University as an Administrator during their tenure or career.
- Have shown that they possess sound character and outstanding qualities of sportsmanship and leadership.
- Have represented the University with dignity and respect, either while at the University, during their professional career and afterwards as stewards of continued support for the University.
Click here for the nomination form, or visit ragincajuns.com for more information.